Thursday, January 29, 2009

Worst Day Ever?


I'm sure one day I'll be able to laugh about this but right now I can't. It's still raw. Perhaps because it hasn't been resolved.

What is 'it' you ask? Well, I've got a problematic front door lock. I came home from running some errands, put the key in the lock but the door wouldn't open. Just to make things worse, it's a hothothot summer's day here in Sydney, you know those days that make everyone a bit frazzled at the best of times?

Long story short, it quickly became clear my first option was to scale a couple of walls and fences and see if I could get inside through the backdoor. [Good thing I've been training eh?]

Once inside I tried to open the door. It wouldn't open. The lock was turning, but not moving. I was now LOCKED IN.

I called our Real Estate Agent and asked if I could get an emergency locksmith around here. He asked if it could wait until tomorrow. On the verge of tears, hot and sweaty, covered in bruises from my wall-climbing experience I flatly said that wouldn't work. I can't leave, nor can anyone enter. He called a gazillion locksmiths in Sydney and found one to come over.

Mr Locksmith, currently my favourite person in the world is here, outside the door drilling holes trying to get me out. He's been drilling for close to half an hour.

That lock is solidly LOCKED.

1 comment:

Veronica Darling... said...

That is just ridiculous that the lock says 'Lucky' too... I would've punched it!