Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Party Jams

I'm making the most of my time off, these are the last days of summer for me. Soon I'll be dreaming about days off and having time to read books + surf the interweb...

So here, my friends, are my favourite recent web-music discoveries.

* The always excellent Allez-Allez has just posted a mix from Josh Deacon of Animal Collective fame. 

* XLR8R magazine commissioned a crazy set from Chavy Boys of London. Its total party-central. To quote XLR8R "Baltimore club music has a rep for being energetic, but from the sounds of this mix, which is primarily just that, the Chavy Boys of London must keep an entire fridge stocked with Red Bull - and pound a few down when commissioned to do DJ mixes for music websites" Listen to it here.

* A-trak has been twittering about this for a bit, and it's now been unleashed upon the world. Apparently the official single will be dropping in a few weeks but it's already received some big praise from Busy P [Ed Banger] and Pitchforkmedia. Head to Fools Gold to hear A-trak's remix of Sebastien Tellier's Kilometer.

No comments: