Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pro Nails


I have this quandary, I love getting my nails done, toes and finger nails matchin', but ever since I read an article in some trash mag about people who'd caught nasty bacterial diseases at cheap nail salons I've had the fear. [And I can't afford the pricey places - $80 for a pedicure is too much to make it a regular thing, whereas $40 for the set seems a lot more justifiable.]

But I don't want to get gangrene and have my feet/toes amputated.

Was this trash journalism or does this happen frequently enough for my unease to be justified?

1 comment:

priscillad said...

this is why sydney needs a site like yelp so ladies who like pedicures can find out which salons breed the nasty diseases. I went to a place in Broadway shopping centre that was pretty good - around $30 for a ped and lots of good trashy mags to read while you're there.