Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gimme the Awesome


My favourite band today is Endless Boogie. I've just been immersing myself in their debut full-length Focus Level and the more and more I listen, the more and more I love. It's a nice relief from an overdose of disco. It came out last year overseas, but has only just been released in Australia this week.

Their story goes that they got together in 1997. A bunch of them worked at super cool New York based record label, Matador records, and another was a professional record collector. They started out as an 'old man hobby', just jamming. And drinking and getting stoned, if their music is anything to go by. Anyways, it turns out they became a pretty freakin' amazing band.

For a long time they didn't play gigs, unless invited, and only released a couple of limited 12". But now they've put out an album. All psych + classic rock flavourings. Check them out over at Last.fm

No comments: