Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Intercom


There's a bunch of amazing jams floating around at the moment. Some of which I've taken time to point out here on this stop-start blog of mine. But perhaps the most exciting release of 2009 is by Sydney producer Toni Toni Lee... !

You might recognise Mr Toni as Spruce Lee, one quarter of my favourite get about town fellas, djs, who together or separately are party starters, promoters and general good-time nice guys, Ro Sham Bo. Who you of course listen to every Tuesday night, religiously, on FBi Radio.

ANYWAYS, I could sing their praises at length, but the point of this is to tell you Mr Lee has unleashed his debut EP and it's totally el scorcho. The launch a couple of weeks ago at Jimmy Sing's place GoodGod Small Club was off the chain and the jams played pointed in that direction, but now that I've had a good listen I can confirm, dude has multiple talents.

If you want to read more about Mr Lee, head here for some insights.

But take my advice, don't be snoozing, get yourself a limited edition copy of this EP, with artwork by another supremo talented Sydney sider, Hana Shimada.

No comments: