Thursday, February 12, 2009

Here Come The Warm Jets


Of all the tweets I subscribe to I think Brian Eno is by far my favourite. His posts are just so random and sometimes very funny, in a dry way.

Recently he posted a link to an article in the New York Times in 2006 titled 'Unhappy Hour' about a couple who went out for a drink and the jukebox randomly started playing an hour long experimental Eno tune, titled Thursday Afternoon, which eventually made the whole bar very upset and on edge. It's quite a funny article in it's own right, and even funnier when you come across it via a recommendation by Mr Eno titled 'I feel sorry for these people.'

Here are some of his other recent tweets. I think the first one is a reference to David Byrne?

· David doesn't tweet much, does he? Dropping that wanker
· Make a blank valuable by putting it in an exquisite frame
· Trust in the you of now
· Imagine the piece as a set of disconnected
· Accretion
· How would you have done it?
· Change nothing and continue with immaculate consistency
· Make a soufflĂ©!
· Go slowly all the way round the outside
· Abandon normal instruments


3 comments:

leetranlam said...

Oh my lord! What a find, Anna.
I LOVE Brian Eno. Eliza Sarlos & I once wrote an ode to him.
I was going to hold out against Twitter until the very last moment it would be socially OK to not be on it, but now I MUST GET ON IMMEDIATELY to follow Eno's every update. Sweet.

Meatskull said...

Surprised to hear that "Thursday Afternoon" was deemed disturbing...it's one of my fave Eno pieces and one of his most gorgeous works.

In fact, it was playing in the room when my son was born. Pretentious, but true!



Lyndon

jack shit said...

sorry to burst yr bubble folks - but the unreal brian eno has his benefits...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Alan-McGee-waging-Twitter-war-with-fake-Brian-Eno/tabid/209/articleID/94251/Default.aspx?ArticleID=94251