Thursday, December 11, 2008

a little bit on the side, pt 2


My other fun 'hobby' is making radio documentaries for ABC Radio National. I do this and my Fuzzy stuff for kicks in between my weekly radio show on FBi Radio in Sydney, and my full-time gig as a quality-control checker at a sock factory.

The most recent documentary I made was about the Sydney Street Socceroos. They're a team of homeless soccer players. I followed these guys around for a few months, went to their weekly training sessions and then went to Melbourne when they went down for the first ever National Homeless Soccer Championships. They won. It was emotional. You can read about it and see some photos here

And earlier in the year I made a story about what it's like to be a young Iraqi at the moment. This story is going to be re-played on ABC Radio National Street Stories this coming January, Sunday 3rd at 1.30. More information is here


No comments: